speedometer rivets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer rivets!

Hi all. Stewart-Warner Speedometers. Rivets hold on the face plate. Mine have a brass appearance. The company is still in business but can not provide documentation on the correct finish. As you may have guessed by now, this is a judging issue. By the way, I purchased from Jim Long who is a respected restorer and Judge! Any expert documentation would be greatly appreciated. Oh yea, '47 H.D. is what it's on. Thanks again. Joe

Joe, I have a hand full of dash rivets that were once labeled nos and they appear to be yellow brass. Email me direct and I will send you some pictures. Paps

Comment

I believe a 47 speedo should have nickelled rivets for the face ... Perry

Comment

Perry....what models and years are the brass ones used on ? Paps

Comment

The war period would have used either plain brass or steel rivets. As well other internal parts on the speedos where changed away from brass during the war. Oh - and the lower face on the bi level panhead speedos typically had brass rivets ... Perry

Comment

Thanks Perry. Paps

Comment

Thanks everyone. Paps, what's your e-mail address? Joe

Comment

I got a 47 and mine are brass.

dave.

Comment

Oddmystic,
                  I also have a 12500 mile 47 FL with a rare goulding that was attached at the dealer also have assc bags and the warrenty card,47 is a tough year because alot of things were not as clear as people make then,in an ad for them it states some bikes will not come with chrome because even after the war some items where hard to come by,my taillite housing is black,some argue it should be chrome but if you read that ad this could have come like it is and I have no reason to believe it didnt,I prefer to let the authorities argue on these matters,I want to ride and enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X