1937 W Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 W Oil Filter

Would a big twin canister type oil filter be usable on my 1937 W engine? I'm willing to fabricate my own oil lines.
    If it would work, should it be in the oil pump supply line, or the oil tank return line?

PUT IT ON THE RETURN LINE ONLY. DOC HARLEY

Comment

Oil Pressure Indication Delay

Thanks for the oil filter advice, Doc Harley! I'll put that installation on the list of future modifications.
      Here's another one concerning the same 1937 W engine.
      Today I started it for the first time since a proffessionally done complete top to bottom rebuild. It ran twice for only about 5 to 10 seconds each before a carb float adjustment problem became apparent. The oil pressure light didn't go out on either run.
      How can I determine that oil is actually flowing into the engine?
      How long should I wait for the oil light to go out?
      The manual says that I should be able to see an oil return stream in the tank. Where would that be in relation to the filler hole?
      The temperature in my shop is @ 60F, oil is new 50 weight, all tank lines are clear, and tank was cleaned and treated with POR15 Marine Clean and Metal Ready, but not the sealer.
      I don't want to burn up this motor.

Comment

Re: Oil Pressure Indication Delay

Originally posted by Rex
        Thanks for the oil filter advice, Doc Harley! I'll put that installation on the list of future modifications.
        Here's another one concerning the same 1937 W engine.
        Today I started it for the first time since a proffessionally done complete top to bottom rebuild. It ran twice for only about 5 to 10 seconds each before a carb float adjustment problem became apparent. The oil pressure light didn't go out on either run.
        How can I determine that oil is actually flowing into the engine?
        How long should I wait for the oil light to go out?
        The manual says that I should be able to see an oil return stream in the tank. Where would that be in relation to the filler hole?
        The temperature in my shop is @ 60F, oil is new 50 weight, all tank lines are clear, and tank was cleaned and treated with POR15 Marine Clean and Metal Ready, but not the sealer.
        I don't want to burn up this motor.

Comment

Working...
        X