Pewter Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pewter Run

I was surprised to learn of the Pewter Run in 2005. We talked about such a run on this forum a while back, but I heard no mention of it before hand. I visited the web page ...
    http://www.race-uscra.com/events/PewterRun_2005.html
    (stated wrong in the Antique Mag article) and found out the 2006 version is, I'm sorry to say, on September 3rd. So, make a choice, Pewter Run or Davenport. Maybe someone can tell them that it's the same weekend as our "Big One"???

Louie

I thought I would have some response to this thread? Doesn't any one want to ride their old bikes on a road run? I checked out the web page and they have different courses (shorter for older) for the different classes of bikes.

Louie

Comment

do you wanna ride?

Louie,
      I would love to ride my oldie, but I need some help: carb, oil tank, handlebars and some linkage bits for 1908 Indian magneto single (diamond frame).. I have advertised for 10 years and seen a few high $$ carbs on ebay, but basically no response except several people wanting to buy my project. I know I will find the parts, but does anyone have anything they can sell or work out creative trades?
      Otherwise I have to ride my 47 Whizzer, which would probably blow the tires off my Indian anyway!
      -Mike

Comment

Hello,

For 2010 we have changed the date of the Pewter Run to October 3rd so as not to conflict with Davenport. I hope you will be able to attend. More info at www.pewterrun.com or email at pewter_run@charter.net

Mark Gibson
        Event Co-ordinator

Comment

Originally posted by mark gibson View Post
          Hello,

For 2010 we have changed the date of the Pewter Run to October 3rd so as not to conflict with Davenport. I hope you will be able to attend. More info at www.pewterrun.com or email at pewter_run@charter.net

Mark Gibson
          Event Co-ordinator
          The weekend after the Motorcycle Cannonball - but I am still going to try to make it again this year. But not on my 1915 Harley that will be in a truck on its way back from California. Perhaps something a bit newer.
          Buzz Kanter
          Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
          [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
          [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Thanks for changing the date Mark. Hopefully you will have better attendance now and one day rival the Banbury run!
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
            X