Excelsior Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excelsior Ignition

Here I am, looking for an ignition expert familiar with the Excelsior Junior Deluxe 98cc 2-stroke engine. I am working on a British Paratroop bike, have no fire and have exhausted my knowledge of magneto ignition. Flywheel magnets seem none too strong and have no clue how to test the secondary windings with the "air gap" described in Excelsior info found on internet. Any help?
    Thanks
    Steve

I think a growler test box is what you need to check the windings. Can be found on ebay. Just put it back up for sale when done. Or drop into a elect. motor rebuild shop. They'll test for you.

On a side note: I've often wondered about pulling the very powerful magnets out of certain computer hardware and using them for rebuilds.

Neat project! I've always liked the Well bikes and Papooses.

Is this your engine?
    http://www.tanygraig.force9.co.uk/John/villjdl.htm

Comment

no fire

Hi Steve.
      You could try giving this chap a call he is a friend of mine from england, he rebuilds magneto's and used to work for LUCAS and is an expert on them. Mr Les Nation. 72 Wychell Lane, kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 8TB England. Tel 011 44 1216083598 Tell him Roland Stevens refered you to him, He is a really nice guy and should be able to help you.
      Roland.

Comment

Working...
      X