Solo Seat & Pogo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Seat & Pogo

Hope someone can set me straight on this detail. I have a 1976 FLH set up with a solo seat & pogo. The frame has the factory welded "washer" at the bottom of the down tube which is not installed on the FX frames. The question is , what is the last year FLH swingarm frame produced by HD that will accept the standard pogo ? Is there anything out of the ordinary to be aware of when I go looking at these later year frames ? Thanks in advance.

I think '82 is the last year a Big Twin frame will accept a seat post.
    The area around the top of the frame looks consierably different on the later frames. My books stop at 82, so I can't verify the exact year, but I think 82 was it.
    VPH-D

Comment

pogo post

msteuer
      My '83 FLHP has a solo and pogo.So thats one more year you can look for. The solo is alot more comfortable than the double seat with the pogo post and trapazoid adjustable helper spring setup.
      Jack

Comment

83 and earlier
        john renoe #1952

Comment

a friend of mine has a '85 FLHP shovelhead, and it has the pogo frame, but he had the use the WLA smaller seat post. i beleive that '81, and later needed to use the smaller post. i have an '80, and it still used the larger post.
          CHIEFJ48
          MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

I know it is a problem for a complete machine. But if you have a bare frame it in not a problem to put it in the mill and bore out the seatpost hole and install the bushing.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
            X