' 65 breaker, spokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ' 65 breaker, spokes

Here's one. I am looking for the circuit breaker conversion kit, pt. # 74585-65 for my '65 Electra Glide. How many amps? Wires molded on, or separate? Mounting bracket? Where the heck does it go? I am trying to do this one bike original, or as close as I can reasonably get. I hated to take it off the road for this go-through, but it was time. The machine was talking to me. Mine doesn't have the breaker, and I burnt up part of my handlebar wiring year before last, so I just rigged a breaker to protect it. Now i want to get it right. I saw one on ebay in the past, but I thought it was too expensive. Darn I wish I would of bought that thing? Notice haw, the closer you get to the end of a project, price becomes less of an issue? What about the spokes? Galvanized? Chrome nipples? I have origional hubs, and I just got two K-H wheels to recrhome. Any help will be appreciated.
    Mike

I happen to have an NOS kit in the HD box complete with instructions. I would be glad to give you any info you need but I am away from home right now and won't be home for another 3 weeks. If you can wait that long I'd be glad to help you out. The mounting bracket and relay mount under the battery holder and is covered by an odd shaped chrome cover. As for the spokes, I would say cad plated spokes and nipples.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info. I am still wondering about the nipples. Anybody else?

Comment

CADMIUM PLATED spokes and NIPPLES

Comment

Originally posted by jwl
          CADMIUM PLATED spokes and NIPPLES
          OK, thanks! Let me know about the circuit breaker after you get home. Another source of information that is otherwise not well known is the HD Service Bulletin book. Known as Shop Dope. Volume 4 has a lotof stuff on the early Electra Glide, servicar, and Sportster. It is available from Antique Cycle Supply. I think it is out on a disc, too.

Comment

Working...
          X