linkert M-35TP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linkert M-35TP

would someone explain to me what the TP stands for on the M-35 linkert. what changes in the body casting from the M-35 and the M-35T. years and models. thanks alot. can they take the 1 1/2 bombsight?

bjk47!

The M35 and m35T had vents to the venturi as shown on the right in the attachment.
    The M35TP had the later casting with a vent as shown on the left.

Bombsight venturies could probably be crammed in, but you would need to swap nozzels and other concerns to make them equivalent to bombsight models for proper function: Maybe even drilling the body, which would be a lot of destruction for very little gain.

Linkerts are so forgiving that conventional venturies will run even when installed backwards, so please let us know if any simple swaps of parts prove exciting; You never know!

...Cotten

Comment

AdminGuy!
      Previewing a message deletes the attachment???

And the attachment box doesn't reappear upon "edit"?

The pic cited above is attached to this one.
      Attached Files

Comment

My photo was confusing.

This attachment shows a comparison of both sides of an M-35TP (on top) and an M35.

....Cotten
        Attached Files

Comment

Do you know of any particular reason for the difference? (Mine is a 35TP)

Thanks,
          Lonnie

Comment

Lonnie!

I can only guess that the progression from M35 to M35T to M-35TP was an evolutionary process, and only the engineers themselves or their notes can give us any real answers.

Otherwise we only can offer conjecture and revisionist declarations. That's pretty popular right now!

...Cotten

Comment

If we were conjecturizing, is there a rudimentary timeframe for this evolutionary process? Roughly speaking, that is.

thanks,
              Lonnie

Comment

And the attachment box doesn't reappear upon "edit"?

Yes, your correct. Just post again.

Comment

Lonnie!

I have no clue about the M35T application, as I only have a bare body and it is the same casting as an M35,... but I believe the M-35TP was used upon 1948 models (no longer a Knuck carb.)

....Cotten

Comment

Thanks, Cotton -

Bruce Palmer's book, as great a reference as it is, seemed unclear on the 35,35T, 35TP issue. I had heard that they were a Police carb for FL's. We installed a TP when we restored my '48 FL (non-Police) and it made Senior and WC. So, for the 35TP, that issue is settled. You see them around now and again at the swapmeets and like all Linkerts, it is a good carb.

Thanks again,
                    Lonnie

Comment

Working...
                    X