early indians on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early indians on e-bay

There's a couple early Injuns on e-bay that you fellas should check out! Do a search under injinjoe. Enjoy!!!! I only wish I had the bucks to take a run at one of them!

Did you see the 1912 Indian single on ebay about a week ago? It was a belt drive but the seller didn't seem to realize what he had and didn't even mention "belt drive" in the ad. He then pulled the bike off ebay stating that he had it advertized wrong. Haven't seen it since. I bet someone offered him big bucks for it so he pulled it. Looked like a real nice bike too!

Louie

Comment

Yeah, Louie I did see the '12. Your probably right. Money talks!!!

Comment

A few weeks ago I seen an add wher as a guy was selling off his fathers estate and had an old Indian for sale for $2500.00. It was an original 1908 racer!!! Unfortunatly he would not respond to my emails. My guess is that someone beat me to it!

TR

Comment

All I can say is OUCH!! That ****s......

Comment

Anyone that would offer a 1908 Indian or any sort for $2500 is living under a rock. I certainly would have checked it out too, but I would be very suspicious of the seller. Years ago I put an ad in our club magazine for Merkel parts. I got a call from this guy who had everything I was looking for. He acted ignorant about Merkel stuff and described the parts like someone who was looking at them for the first time. He said that he saw my ad in a friends AMCA mag and wasn't a member himself. His act was well rehearsed and his personal facts were vague and misleading. I still wonder how he figured he was going to seperate me from my money. I think he was just measuring me for gullibility and greed becuase that is what a con man has to have in a "mark." About 10 years ago our club was plagued with a few crooks who must have had an incredible line of B.S. because they swindled more than a few of our members. You just have to wonder how they think they are going to pull this stuff off. I guess the bottom line is, an honest person is going to give you an honest deal and tell you what you need to know.

Comment

Ya, I thought that it might be a scam. But then, why didn't he respond to my emails? Unless he got shut down before I emailed him, you would think a scamer would take advantage of everyone who sent him an email. I would like to think that someone got it and we will at least see it at a swapmeet on display. Oh-well, we may never know.

TR

Comment

Hi- I got bit in the early ninys ordering from a Philyp Messens in Belgium from a Walnecks add. Sent money, no parts and he quit answering the phone after that. Walnecks did all they could to track him down. He was in Belgium and non of the authorities there could find him. I got the cleared check back that he cashed and nothing else. Anyone ever hear of him?

Comment

08 racer add also in ore

hey!!!!!!!!!! that ad for the 08 indian racer was put on in portland ore too, craigslist.. 2 days later the same guy added an original 09 ex. for 8k. the racer was amazing. the bike exists some place, but the ads were most likely PHONY. i put on an add offering to sell the brooklin bridge for 5000 pepsi bottles after that. then 1000 dollar vincent, and others showed up.i put on an add saying i had photos of the bikes saved,i have pics of the racer and the ex. ad. "we"were looking for them. no more ads now.

Comment

Ya, that's where I found the add too. But I think he got shut down before he could respond to my email. It sounds like he listed the Indian on ebay for a few hours before he got shut down there too. I guess it was the same pictures but located in England. Wow, this bike gets around!

Comment

08 racer pics

here is a shot of the 08 racer. does a close exam reveal some well aged repro parts with original motor? or all real?, its hard to tell anymore.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think it will get even harder as WE get older to tell! Lets hope to many dont take advantage of this kinda stuff!!

Comment

Hey! I recognize that guy's hand! He is a big time scammer! Just kidding.... Hey Robbie do you still have that '10 Indian project?
                          -Mike Carver

Comment

old indians do die

hi mike.
                            i had a 1910 indian 30 cu in single for sale a couple of years ago. at that time the all of parties interested in it wanted to buy it, and chop it. who would chop a 95 year old motorcycle? unfortunately, it is happening every day in this club. this used to be about history and historic preservation. the h.c.c.a. credo is "preserve original features". that idea has gone by the wayside. the current amca idea seems to be"turn that old bike into a fake racer". ok. here is the recipe. how to build a 95 year old chopper.

start with a 1912 indian (25k). remove the original handlebars, put on fake drop bars. remove the original seat and put on a small repo seat that fits low to the frame. remove the rear brake assembly. remove the front leaf spring suspension. remove the clutch and put on a new made, barely functional, compensator assembly. remove the front fender. cut the original rear fender in half and remount it. paint it with HIGH gloss plastic paint and sell it at the lost vegas auction for 50k. pretty discouraging.

needless to say, i have decided to hang onto the bike. we all want an exotic one of a kind bike. now, if we cant get one we make it out of something else. soon someone will figure out how to turn a honda cb 350 into a 1936 knucklehead. i think i am going to buy a model t this year.
                            this little letter wil no doubt stirr up a buzz,but like my dad once said:sometimes you have to throw that rock at that hornets nest, just to see what comes out.

Comment

Thankfully -Mike Smith, Fred Lange and Lonnie Isam provide outlets for this desire now. The quality produced is exceptional and fully functional for riding without fear of destroying (or chopping) a true antique.

Comment

Working...
                              X