Indian Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Cams

On 1946-48 Chiefs. What are the physical differences on camshaft lobes. How can you tell the differences between stock cams and Bonneville or other hotter grinds? Does anybody have measuements or diagrams of the lobes?
    On another note; the cam case cover on a 1946 Chief , by some accounts, has the wrap-around feature on the top as the earlier Chiefs; but I have a 2 owner, never apart 46 Chief, that has the later cam case cover. Was there a running change in 1946. This is a later chief.

I believe stock to Bonn cam diff would be the "lift and duration". ie point of valve lift and duration that it is open, also overlap of the two cams. So a bonn cam would be more aggressive in it's duration. A bit wider or fatter on one side as it curves up toward the tip of small lobe. Is that right guys?

A shunk cam would have a pronounced visual difference as these were very aggressive. ie wide open, race only.

I've heard that the oley cams have a great "all round proformance" profile for Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
    X