Went barn diving, today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went barn diving, today.......

My neighbor came by with his tractor, yesterday and tore down an old shed, that had fallen in a couple of years ago. It prevented me from getting to my stash of motorcycle goodies. I crawed through piles of stuff, trying to get to my 47 Indian Chief components. These are the first pics:

I didn't snap pictures of the automotive junk that I had to drag out an haul to the dumpster, so that I could get to the Indian parts. The Chief frame, engine components, and a couple of H-D 45 wheels were all that the back could take for one trip. My neighbor is coming back on Saturday, with his tractor and bucket. We'll haul the rest of the Indian components out, then.

Oh, by the way. Pleasant surprise, when digging through the parts. Found another set of Chief engine cases, along with a third Chief left case. Didn't dig real deep. I had to remind myself that I was getting the major Chief components out. There's a couple of old Ford Flathead V8 engines, and a Ford 239? OHV V8. They're in the way, but they are keepers. Will just need to find another building to put them in.

Jack

Hey jack, Neat barn. Thanks for photos.
    What are you going to rebuild first?

Buy my surplus Chief parts.

Comment

My WLA engine is built. But, I've got to dig around and see what small stuff I have that I can use on it. The Chief is next in line for a build. That's why the urgency to get into the barn, while the roof's intact. It's in pretty bad shape, and won't hold the elements out for long. I will post my needs for parts on the Chief. You may be relieved of some. Thanks for letting me know. Have a good one.

Jack

Comment

Working...
      X