6 Volt Jump Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Volt Jump Start

In the event I have my 6 volt battery start to go dead to the point I can't kick start my bike; would I be able use jumper cables from a 12 volt system long enough to power the ign. circuit without any damage until I get it started ? I realise I can't turn on any lighting and that I will likely blow out the indicator lights. Anyone had this problem out on the road? I don't want to carry a resistor with me.

I had the unpleasure of my brake switch sticking at a downtown drinking establishment, draining the battery, and of course it was too dead to kick start. I'm way to lazy to push start it, especially in front of all the new bike riders. The old Harley shop is only about 150 yard away, so I pushed it to the back of the shop and just as I was ready to kick it, put a 12 volt charger to the battery. The bike started first kick and I quickly pulled the charger off. This was a couple years ago and I saw no ill effects from doing it. I don't know about anyone else but it worked for me.

Louie

Comment

Ok,
      Im sorry you two but when the opportunity is here Ive gotta use it!
      HARLEY.HARLEY RIDE EM OUT AND PUSH THEM IN!!!!!

Comment

I was on my Indian Chief, were the brake light switch is hot wire as original. And like I quoted before....95% of all Harley made are still on the road......the other 5% made it back to the garage.

Louie

Comment

Working...
        X