nos 45 sv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nos 45 sv

Picked up a pickled nos 45 and want to build around it. Little tags and such intact and dated 8/1/45. Anybody know if it was normal for these things to have no vin,who best to deal with for parts etc. If someone is interested I could really use the help.

Chris,

It is pretty common to find NOS 45 cases and engines without engine numbers on them. They were most likely built as replacements during the war and would be re-stamped as needed.

You will find that there are a ton of 45 parts out there. I have always had good luck getting parts from 45 Parts Depot, Kick Start Motorcycles (616) 245-8991, and 45 Restoration.

All of these part suppliers have a web site except for Kick Start Motorcycles (Chuck hates computers at least thats what he tells me).

Jim M.

Comment

Thanx

Thanx loads,it's a start. Actually expected a little more activity on the subject from members but... well you done good. Next I'll be sending off for books and parts.

Comment

you're welcome. First thing to do is decide if you want to restore it using original parts, mostly original parts or reproduction parts. 45 parts depot makes a rolling chassis for the 45 flathead if you want to do it quickly and don' mind repro. I would suggest that if you are anywhere near where the AMCA swapmeets are held, go and check out the used original and new repro parts there. The Davenport Iowa swap meet (Chief Blackhawk Chapter) on labor day is the one to be at if you can make it.

Jim

Comment

Chris -

Some more sources for you:

VTwinRebuild & Restoration

NOS Parts

Way Back Wheels

These, along with the ones Jim posted, should overwhelm you with choices.

Jack

Comment

nos 45 parts

Jim Went to 45 Parts Depot and spent the day looking. Like Chuck I am rapidly developing a dislike of computers. Not being a purist I don't mind repro. parts and they sure have them. Sometimes the good old days aren't and repro is OK. Didn'f find the rolling chassis even tho they allude to it. Did find partial kits for frame/front end. OK and for Jack... whats the quote for? Shucks I was just getting to like you.

Comment

Chris -

Sometime, in the past, I overheard someone make this quote in the context that your friends know you by your actions. And, if your actions are not understood, they know that you meant well, or have good reason for them. They couldn't remember the author. So, I did an Internet search, and gave credit to the author. No harm intended by it.

Jack

Comment

JACK,
                For what its worth I like the quote!

Comment

Thanks.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X