Further on the X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further on the X

Hello, I thank everybody that has reacted on this thread. A thank you also to Eric for being objective and has described together with others what it is all about in motorcycle riding and preserving. I go with him if he says that the trim in which the bike is was put on by a dealer or the factory of schwinn. My guess is, that the bike, regarding the engine number, was in the factory perhaps a bit later then 1911 and has gotten a new coat of paint. I found a photo of a dealer of the era selling a similar bike! Thanks you fellow club members in finding out stuff.
    Another goal of me is finding that pré 1913 Indian, can any-one help?
    Cheers Ron
    P.S.
    If any-one wants to have documents or photos, feel free to mail me on my home adress, bye for now.

Hi again folks! Here is the photo to proove that early X machines were given a new coat of paint to blend in with the newer models. Thanks again!
    Ron
    P.S.
    Done some rallys this summer and the beast goes like a spear!
    Attached Files

Comment

Ready before its first outing!! Regards, Ron
      P.S.
      Difficult with these small photos!
      Attached Files

Comment

Ron thanks for the pic hope you you post a few more of it !

Comment

Will do, but its hard to get them to 70 kbytes, I will try to do so. The machine goes O.K. and is a very easy machine to ride due to the eclipse pulley and clutch. A very powerful engine that makes many loud pufs that are a bit apart of eachother...CHUF....CHUF....CHUF, and then thinking we are in 1911 along a side road like the ones I remeber so well when I visited your country a way back now. Thanks for your reply and check this thread again.
          Ron
          P.S.
          It would be fun to ride the roads of Main this time of the year!!

Comment

Here another photo taken this afternoon, best regards,
            Ron
            Attached Files

Comment

And another
              Attached Files

Comment

And the last, best wishes,
                Ron
                Attached Files

Comment

It's great that your sharing your X with us. It's been said before that there may be descrepancies on the year, but regardless of that it's a gem! I'm glad you decided to leave the paint as is, you've retained the soul of the bike and you have a true time machine! I can just hear you chugging down the road now. Good for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X