Rear suspension on Sport Scout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear suspension on Sport Scout?

Okay, I need a better reference book. The sport scout got plunger rear suspension in what year? if ever? The little number on e-bay got me going on this.

Sport Scouts started to incorporate the rear suspension system in 1941........ I hope that helps you.......

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate the quick reply. SCD

Comment

Yes 41-42, and it's heavy and doesn't work very well.

Comment

I assume it's essentially the same design as on the Chief?
          I wonder how common that frame was on the Scout? Did it become the only thing offered? SCD

Comment

scd as far as I know it's essentially the same design as the Chief and '42 was the last of them, other than the later big based 648 Scouts used for racing purposes, which I think were rigids....... Whaddya figure Admin-dude????????

Comment

yes rigid 648. A rigid handles surprisingly well. But I would never rigid mount the seat on the street. Can you say compressed lower vertibra. Can you say arthritis. Ouch! Ahhhh... don't forget the 41-42 also had fat bloated 16" tires. Streamlining production to cut costs. Not for the improvement of the machine. Well, that's the hard truth. Still a great looking bike with those full skirts.

I pref the 34-39 SS. for a number of reasons. 37-39 a good slot. Happy hunting! must get greasy now... need to wake the dead.

Ohhhh YA! Fred in San Fran dropped and ridgid mounted his Chief. Faked the spring. Something to think about.

Comment

Working...
              X