Getting started Striping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started Striping!

The latest issue of Rod & Custom came with a second bonus mini zine. This magazine entitled "Guide to Paint & Body" had a good article on "how to" Stiping for the beginner. Also some good shots to ID different artists and there styles. Some great chop and drop articles and modern lead techniques. I thank them. Very cool stuff! Much thanks to all the staff.

Answered a few questions that I've had for a while.

Volume 39, #12, Dec 2005 - Display until 10/25/05

Thanks for posting that Paul. I will be running out to pick that one up. I'm going to spend a little time this winter trying to put some striping on my beezer chop. I've been told that all it takes is practice, practice, practice............

Comment

Mackbrush.com good site. Squirrel hair one looks good.

Practice on sheet of glass (easy clean) to get the feel for pressure and using your finger as a guide along the edge. The length of the hair gives you alot of stability.

I paid a pro 20 bucks to do scallops on my tank. So keep that in mind.

Comment

Your right about the Mack brushes. My wife ordered me a complete set and I'm sure they'll do the trick. I've got a few good pieces of glass to practice on and some old gas tanks in the shop as well. I'm just gonna have a little fun with it and not take things too serious!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to look back at my pictures and check out your scallops!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X