Judging at the Chesapeake meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging at the Chesapeake meet

I am disappointed with the judging at the Chesapeake Chapter meet this last weekend. First off let me start off by saying there were a lot of bikes at the meet and it was a big undertaking for the 3 or 4 groups of judges. Taking this into account when I left at six o'clock they were still several bikes waiting to be judged. The judging was taking closer to 15min a bike rather than the 5min allotted. The sun was beginning to set and since I had ridden my bike to the meet (as encouraged by the club) I wanted to make it home before dark, as my battery was giving me trouble and my lights weren't working as good as they might be, which isn't all that great anyway's with a six volt system. When I presented my predicament to the people in charge of the judging I was told nothing could be done. I asked for the yellow copy of my judging form from my bike which was judged 3 hours earlier and not a trophy, pin or any other items. I was told it was not possible. Why is that not possible? I understand in a normal situation it is a hassle to give people their paperwork before the ceremony but with all the extenuating circumstances you would think that people could be more understanding of the situation. So as a participating member in the club I am a little disappointed with the lack of empathy from some of the other members.

On some bikes there is so much wrong with them that it takes forever to write up all the correctons that need to be done. If you want to help speed up the process why not join in as an apprentice judge and help us out?

Comment

I saw that one coming.

Comment

I am an appentice judge but spending 30 minutes on a single bike is not completing judging in a timely manner.

Comment

Working...
        X