Mystery Jiffy Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Jiffy Leg

I thought I bought a NOS jiffy leg for my 45". But after some fiddling I found that the leg had the wrong shape. Can anybody tell me what I have here? See the pictures. The mystery leg is on the left and a real 45" leg is on the right. The second picture clearly shows the difference in the curve shape.

The leg is not only longer. The shape does not fit the 45" bracket. In the left picture the mystery leg is fit in the 45" bracket. You can see it cannot reach the bracket notch. The right picture shows the 45" leg and bracket.

Help!

As nobody else is answering this question I try to throw some light on the subject.

Because almost all prevar Big Twin Harleys were imported to Finland with sidecars, I suspect nobody knew that jiffy stands existed, so I have never seen a jiffy stand even on small models on local bikes.
    But a buddy succeded in finding a JD stand at the Dessau swap, so now I can tell you that it is not a JD leg.
    I have found a DL jiffy stand and it's not that either.
    I suppose it is not a VL leg, as somebody should have recognized that.
    So my guess is that it is for a Single or a '29 45". I'm looking for such a jiffy stand, so if I find one we will know more.

Comment

leg

that leg looks to be just a piece of scrap that someone bent up , if you will send it to me i'll see that its disposed of properly as it will fit very well on one of my V models
      thank you, Dave

Comment

If it was this easy, why did it take 4 months to solve the mystery?

Comment

Working...
        X