Why no shovelheads under tech??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no shovelheads under tech??

Isn't it time to add Shovelheads to the Harley technical disscussions?? I just got a '66, do I have to wait til '84s are 35 years old???

I agree Man! Shovels are a great engine and earned respect is way past due. Paps

Comment

Flatside Shovels where one of my favorites and it took a long time for me to convert to the evos! had a 68 that I couldnt kill no matter how hard I tried! loved that MC!!

Comment

So let's scratch off sportsters......!

Comment

T,
          By NO means NO!!! They should have their place just as well as any other MC should!

Comment

I agree that the early shovels need to have more attention here but its up to all you shovel lovers to bring it here .I'm always wondering about them had 2 myself from 77 to 81 where are they?? there were lots of them around but now i rarley see one anymore. I heard a rumor that H-D bought the used ones from dealers and sent them away overseas but I never came close to finding any proof that this happened anybody else hear that? I cant believe that they are just sitting around in barns or we destroyed all them. I always will remember the fun i had with them while they were trying to chase me up the hills on my ironhead (lol)

Comment

I agree, time for a Troublehead..er I mean Shovelhead section! How about I Admin Guy?

Louie

Comment

I do like starting fridays with a laugh.... someday the evos will invade us here also (lol)

Comment

Just my 2cents rather see evos than japs!!!

Comment

Won't be long till the longest distance ridden award will go to a Honda Goldwing! Just my 1 cents worth ( not worth 2 cents).

Louie

Comment

I live about 100 miles from davenport ia. but if i went to the meet by way of Anchorage alaska without stopping by the house would that count as longest??

Comment

in my opinion yes,but you better check first.......by the way as far as Im concerned you could stop@ the house after a trip like that and all would still count...but here again I dont make the rules
                        Louie, I hope I dont live to see the day !And thats my 1cents worth !Or did I read you wrong? ha!ha!

Comment

I have returned as a shovel owner again. 1966 FLH 31,233 miles, stock with original hi-fi blue and cream. That blue looks so good in the sun. I could go for a shovelhead category................................ let's git er done !

Comment

Just out of curiousity, why are Sportsters listed, and Shovelheads aren't? A 1984 Shovelhead is still a new motorcycle to me. But, so is an Ironhead Sportster (to me, that is). But, if the older Sportsters are being recognized, why not the older Shovelheads? JMO.

Jack

Comment

Just to add my opinion ( no real monetary value here) My first bike was a 71 FL which I still have. I bought a 91 FLHS 3 years ago because the wife liked the ride better. I took the Shovelhead back to a solo bike and get 10 times the pleasure riding it over the EVO. The only problem with the 71 is the total loss oil system if you know what I mean. Still it runs too strong for a rebuild and it starts first kick every time ( no electric start) As a matter of fact I sprained my thumb with the kickback from the electric start EVO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X