GENERATOR 32E NO CHARGE[s#%^]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENERATOR 32E NO CHARGE[s#%^]

MY PAN 3 BRUSH GEN SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN A BREAK FROM WORKIN, ORIGINAL RELAY SEEMS TO BE WORKIN , I READ THE SHOP BOOK [#$@!]. HAD THE GEN. REBUILT AWHILE BACK. ANY FAST WAY OF SETTING IT UP TO CHARGE THE 4 AMPS AND TO CHECK TO SEE IF ITS PUTTING OUT ,CHECKED WITH A VOLT METER BUT JUST WANT TO CHECK FROM THE GEN.TERMINALS AND NOT FROM THE BATT.

I think I'm interpreting this right. Ahhhh.... maybe.

Test for current. Rule of thumb. "Where you break -you make". You test for an amper reading inline.

What was volt reading at battery? with a little throttle to get that ****er spinning.

Comment

How do you know the relay "seems to be workin"? 'cause the points close? If the points close the generator is putting out. You need the battery in circuit on a three brush since it provides the voltage regulation. You can certainly put your multimeter's probes on the generator terminals and take a voltage reading there ... Perry

Comment

fixed

ok , had to clean the brushes up and checked for any loose wires. after cleanin the brushes ,the amp gauge is reading like 3.50 revving engine at road speed ,throw on the headlite and its up to 8.50 to 9.+ so i think i can do some nite riding

Comment

Working...
        X