Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief generator repair needed

Hello,
    As in, my previous posts, we did finally get the original generator in our 1948 chief to work. Well, it has quit charging again. Can anyone recommend a shop we can send the generator to for repairs. I prefer a small one-person shop, if possible, not any of the large Indian parts retailers.
    If you can post their name, phone and email that would be great.

IndianFrank!

indianfrank@yahoo.com

(Sorry the phone number is at the shop.)

Definitely the premiere rebuilder, and definitely a one man shop.
    Also the best for Splitdorf's, 12v Autolite conversions, etc.

Comment

This is the phone# I have for Frank and as far as Im concerned he is the BEST always has done rite by me!
      708-484-1691
      Just a thought he usually has a few on hand id buy a spare then no down time,but thats just me

Comment

Thank you for the fast response

Thank you very much...I really appreciate the help. This forum is a great way to spread our collective knowledge of old bikes....so we can ride them!

Comment

Here's a Pic too

I meant to post a pic of my bikes:
          1960 Panhead - runs great and took it on the Tejas National Road Run.
          1953 Chief #CS61082 - basket case restoration in progress - sporting a horrifically expensive n.o.s seat and grab rail.... now my wife and I can ride on the chief together! Our doggie Mika is wondering what all the fuss is about.

Cheers, Patrice
          Attached Files

Comment

Pninaud, What you need is a sidecar and mans best friend could ride with you .
            Now after that 53 is running the roads again I wonder how long youll keep the offbrand MC! Ill also bet the offbrand doesnt get much use...ohh! wait a minute!! you can let your wife ride it !! Enjoy!!! Last but not least glad to help

Comment

Working...
            X