Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good source for an Alemite grease fitting adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for an Alemite grease fitting adapter?

VL's use Alemite button style grease fittings and I know there's an adapter available to convert the end of a grease gun to fit this slip on shoe style fitting. Are there any good and affordable sources for these adapters? They can't really be $65-75, can they?!!

NOS Parts in Ohio has them for $55, but I agree, they're priced too high for what they are. Grainger sells an adapter for "button head" grease fittings for a lot less but I've never tried the on alemite fittings.

Comment

I made one with a T-slot cutter and a piece of brass and thread the end to fit on a grease gun.

Comment

We call these "button head" fittings at my workplace. I did a quick search on ebay and came up with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

Not sure if this is the right size though.

Comment

Did you find one? I will check at work my price will be cheaper. Free. I dont know the size but we might have some.

Comment

I ended up forking over the big dough. It was either grease the bike or don't ride it so I bent over, shelled out the bucks, and got to play with the big toy. The main concern was the tranny main bearing but that's greased now, a small price to pay in the long run I think.

Comment

Working...
            X