SS Header pipe mock-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Header pipe mock-up

I had a heck of a time trying to figure out a path for the pipes for this Sport Scout. I wanted to mimic a racer, but on the racers they cut off the brake arm cross over for clearance. Makes life easy.

Dave Edwards SS that was in the Gugg show. Well I figure the builder cut the arm also and bent out the kicker for clearance.

I have a center stand, and wanted to utilise the existing cast mount for the rear pipe. I also wanted to try to keep the pipes the same length, and avoid having to bend out the kicker.

So the solution without cutting the brake cross over arm was to angle the rear pipe in a slight up sweep. The front pipe is level with the ground. This gives me 3.25" ground clearance for those modern speed bump things. Death Valley run will require a different set of pipes.

I think it will look OK. I haven't welded it up yet but have the bends. What do you think of this mess?
    0.065 mild steel tube - painted flat black.

Does anyone make low profile aircraft pipe clamps - 1.5"?
    It may be simpler to just make them and paint to match?
    Attached Files

Admin,
    From here it looks good! Only thing I wouldve done is slice the ends different,but thats me! nice lookin!

Comment

Yup - just a straight 45 degree cut. Would you have cut into a bend at the tip?

Comment

Working...
      X