Bill Healing - UK Engine Restorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Healing - UK Engine Restorer

Does anyone have contact details for Bill Healing a UK based HD veteran and vintage restorer ? as I would like to get in touch with him.

Many Thanks

Smarty

Bill Healing

Smarty , Bill's a friend of mine and I do not give out addresses and phone numbers but IF you still want to get in touch you can send me an email and I'll pass it on , hope this is ok , my address is kenlinuk@yahoo.com , ken

Comment

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately since I posted a while back, I've entrusted my 25 J engine and gearbox to another restorer who I hope can produce work approaching the excellent work that I have seen and read about Bill's finished results.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Comment

Martin , best of luck with the '25 J , they're a great bike to ride , thanks for the quick response anyway , Ken

Comment

Ken,

Do you know of any sources of Schebler carb parts and services in the UK as I'm (not surprisingly) having difficulty sorting out the DLX20 carb on my Model J.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Comment

Hello Martin , sorry I have taken so long , you could try Jan Willem Boon in Holland , I know he has some parts for pocket valves , he also sells Schebler service manual , as does Bruce Main Smith (01162772667) I do not know of anyone specifically dealing in Schebler parts over here , have a look in the AMCA mag , what parts do you need , all the best for 2006 , best wishes , Ken
            PS are you the Martin with the Dayton ????

Comment

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the info, i've got a copy of the Schebler service manual and have now bought the applicable parts fron JW Boon and also a replacement float from Comp Distribution , and was lucky last week to pick up a near complete DLX 20 on ebay, so hopefully I can make one good one from the 1 No worn out and 1 No near complete one I now have. Perhaps there is an opportunity to make a batch of the parts not available commercially at present either here in the UK or elsewhere ?

Unfortunately not the Martin with the Dayton in the UK as I'm a recent convert to American bikes and only have the Model J at present.

Best Regards,

Martin

Comment

Hello Martin ,

Oh well best of luck with the carb bits , I'm sure you'll be happy with the end results , when's the first ride going to be ? or are you still having things rebuilt ?
                The bad news is the disease gets worse !! I started off with a '25 FE in about 1981 , now have 5 different American makes !!! the good news is there's no cure !! not that I want one !
                There are a few rallies for old American bikes over here and in Europe , if you are interested I'll supply you with details , I'm off for a ride this afternoon on my 1912 Excelsior as just this morning I recieved my first registration (title) for it , so I can go out legally ,
                best wishes , Ken

Comment

Hello Ken,

I'm hoping the first ride will be at the VMCC Banbury Run in June if my entry form is accepted. It would be great if you could let me have details of the old American bike runs in the UK and Europe, I'm also hoping to make it to Dessau this year, but as its in May, it will probably be too soon to take my HD along.

Good luck with the first (legal :-) ) ride on your Excelsior.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Comment

Martin ,
                    Had a good ride , only did 19 miles but enough to determine a few things to look at , out again tomorrow , a few events -- Harley Davidson Riders Club of GB - vintage rally Broome Shropshire , June the 2nd-4th
                    check on <www.hdrcgb.org.uk> , Silent Gray Fellows rally , near Breda , Holland <www.silentgrayfellows.nl> (pre 1966 American bikes), - June the 9th - 11th , Indian Riders rally Doomsday Green , Surrey -- June the 8th - 11th , Indian International Rally Sweden -- July the 28th - 30th - details for Indian do's on <www.indianriders.co.uk> , ''The Oldtimers'' August the 11th - 13th near Den Haag , Holland - visit <www.hdctheoldtimers.nl> (pre 1966 American bikes) , any AMCA meets I presume Steve Slocombe sends you emails ? get in touch with him if you do not receive them .
                    Happy riding , Ken

Comment

Thanks for that Ken, some new dates there for my calendar. Yes I receive Steve's email updates, but am also looking forward to the new European chapter website coming on-line. All the best Martin

PS are you anywhere near Witham in Essex ?

Comment

Hello Martin ,
                        Just had another ride on the Excelsior , 52 miles , no problems , great ride . have fitted a pair of ''period'' handlebar muffs , great boon this time of year and they look good on the bike too , I was in Witham a couple of weeks ago on my Henderson KJ at the auto jumble at the British Legion Hall and was at the East London Harley meet today at The Cuckoo , half way between Ongar and Chelmsford (4th Sunday of the month) , I live in Upminster , you're welcome for a visit if You are this way , (as is any AMCA member this side of the pond!!) me number is 01708 502018 , best wishes , Ken

Comment

Working...
                        X