Model U accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model U accessories

I am restoring a '37 model U and want to dress it up a bit using the accessory packages offered in 1937 from HD. All I can find so far are accessory groups listed but nothing that tells me what is included in each group. Can anyone help me find a listing? I am particularly interested in the chrome package.

dzec,

The two best sources I know of are Bruce Palmer's Restoration Book and the Dealer Order Copies in Harley Davidson's "The Legend Begins".

In the back of Bruce's book, each year is listed with the packages available i.e. Sport Solo, Deluxe Solo, Police Special, etc. He high lights the major items for each of the packages.

Beyond that, a accessory catalog for the nearest prior year lists what was available beyond the packages.

Hope that helps,

Ottoa

Comment

Thanks for the input. I have both of those books but neither are specific about the chrome plate group for 1937. Palmer liste the chrome equipment group for '38 as being headlight, handlebars, instrument panel, wheel rings, parking lights, fender strips and license plate frame. I could assume the same for '37 and probably be close with the exception of the wheel rings which I understand were only offered in black or cadmium in '37. I will try to find an accessory catalogue and see what it lists.

dzec

Comment

You may want to try the model intro edition of "The Enthusiast" magazine for 1937. In 1935 and 1936, the model intro edition came out in January, so you may want to start there. The Enthusiasts for earlier years occasionally listed what all was included in the special chrome packages.
        Call Lonnie at Antique Cycle Supply, he may have what you need and would at least know what issue to look for.

Comment

You may want to try the model intro edition of "The Enthusiast" magazine for 1937. In 1935 and 1936, the model intro edition came out in January, so you may want to start there. The Enthusiasts for earlier years occasionally listed what all was included in the special chrome packages.
          Call Lonnie at Antique Cycle Supply, he may have what you need and would at least know what issue to look for.

Comment

Working...
          X