s-pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s-pipe

I'm in the throes of working hard to get the 59 Pan I bought into shape and ready to ride, and a month in I'm still working. I am trying to replace the s-pipe and it's like a mind-bending puzzle...how does one install this little ****er without moving the engine---or do you? I am figuring theremust be a secret out there somewhere...any advice would be welcome!

Thanks for all of your past help...remember the Yankee Chapter national road run in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Mass coming up June 19-22!

Joel

If you move the brake pedal assembly out of the way it will slide right in. This will also allow you a better view of your s to front pipe connection. Be sure to secure the front pipe to frame clamp in a way that will leave some space between the welded bead on the back of the s-pipe and the engine case. Fitting pipes can be exhausting work! (Sorry, had to say it)

Comment

thanks! The brake removal did the trick, along with loosening the front pipe...now the only problem seems to be that the s-pipe tab and the frame bracket are not lining up...if I pull the pipe to meet the tab it falls out of the front pipe...so I guess I'll have to stretch and pull somewhere to get it done. At least the s-pipe is where it ought to be..

Thanks again
      Joel

Comment

I read this thread as I'm having a problem putting my pipes together. There isn't room for the head pipe between the frame and the motor case bolts, so it can't meet the S pipe... I took the nut off the bolt but it won't move, its against the frame on the left already. Am I missing something???

Comment

Working...
        X