headlight/horn wire help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight/horn wire help

I stink at wiring! can anyone simplify the wiring of the ignition wires to the headlight. My problem seems to be in the correct position of the red with yellow tracerwire coming from the ignition and the proper insulater.(deep or short). there is a yellow wire coming from the igniton side also. Is this a crossover wire? I am pretty sure of the set that goes directly to the headlight, It's the other two/three that are causing problems. Thanks.

Throw us a bone. What are you working on? I'm guessing Harley of some kind ... Perry

Comment

Maybe a photo of exposed ign. switch and wire leads would help? Show us what you got! Email to me direct if need be and I'll compress/post for you.

Comment

headlight wiring

Sorry about the lack of info. My project is a 47 harley fl. I.m sure of the hot lead coming from the ignition, Thats were my problem starts. I;m pretty sure that it goes to the insulator on the left (facing front of machine) That's about all that i'm sure of. Thanks again.

Comment

You need a factory wiring diagram to work with. I just created a PDF of the 1947 wiring diagram:
          http://www.ruiter.ca/mc/info/PDFs/index.html
          It shows a three wire loom going from the dash to the headlight area. Black from the hot terminal on the dash base to the horn. Red from the hot terminal on the ignition switch to the right side front terminal (this is a hot for use with accessories, normally nothing is connected to it). Lastly a green from the lighting terminal on the ignition switch to the left side front terminal. This has the headlight wire connected to it. There is no yellow, and red with yellow tracer is from the dimmer switch to the headlight. You sure you have the right harness? ... Perry

Comment

Would you fuse the battery? And/or maybe the tail light and horn?
            Good job Perry - much thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X