original spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original spark plugs

At Davenport i had points deducted for not having period style plugs. can i switch the plugs prior to judging? i intened to ride to the meet, but the plugs i picked up are shot. any advice?

thanks,
    Linus

Switch for show. Switch back to modern for running.

Comment

original spark plugs

Linus
      when you are at the meet make sure a judge, deputy judge, national deputy judge, assistant chief judge or the chief judge see's the bike running that weekend, then switch to the original style plugs for judging
      Kevin

Comment

guys,

thanks for the advice. i'll make sure i get a hold of someone when i get there.

linus

Comment

Linus, (is that your real name?) a couple years ago I fouled a new plug out in Oley in my '20 HD and was surprised to discover that the bike actually ran better with a good set of original plugs I use when judging. Give it a try.

Louie

Comment

Why do think that happened Louie? Are they hotter? Just curious- not putting you on the spot or anything.

Comment

louie,

beleive or not, that is my given name i'll give them a try and see how they work. depending on how hard they are to come by i may still stick with the switch prior to judging.

linus

Comment

I don't think the plugs are hotter, but I have been running them the last year or two with good luck. Maybe someone else can explain it?

Louie

Comment

Working...
                X