Trying to complete my 1919 Model F.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to complete my 1919 Model F.

Can anyone help with the following items for my 1919 HD model F - original prefered or maybe a pattern or information?

GA840 - Relief (breather) pipe clamp and screws (or what is the thread ), AK441B - Tool box top bracket, SC44 - Carb Hot Air connection & nut & bolt, EK8 (2826-09) Rear axle adjuster screws.

Also, where can I get detail of the pin striping on this model? Is there a thin darker central stripe in the main green stripe?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I hope to get the bike running this summer.

Ian,
    I just sent you a bunch of pictures of an original paint 1919 J, I hope this will help you out with your striping.
    Carl

Comment

Carl, Thanks for the photos, they are great and clearly show the darker central line that I had been told about.
      Regards, Ian

Comment

Ian - striping details and paint codes for 1919 models can be found here:
        http://www.harley-memories.com/restorer.htm
        Hope you took French in high school. If you didn't you can try translating that web page by entering the URL into here:
        http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en
        Hope this helps ... Perry

Comment

Thanks Perry, more useful information. The restoration has taken almost four years so far ..... the translation might take even longer.

I can use the colour references at a paint shop and the dimensions help a lot.

I see you're from Canada, don't most of you lot speak French?

Thanks again, Ian

Comment

I'm in western Canada. Out here Chinese is the dominant second language, probably followed by Punjabi. French is no where to be found (federal government offices excepted). I admit to having a "bad adittude" toward the mandatory French in high school. That's a decision I've grown to regret as I now see the value in being multilingual. C'est la vie ... Perry

Comment

Working...
            X